A regular run where you get the opportunity to beat your best time. No racing, you are only competing against yourself. It's a great way to improve fitness while meeting new people in the Southern Highlands community.
Bowral Park Run's aim is to provide a free, weekly, timed 5km running / walking event to every community that wants one – thereby increasing participation in running, promoting a healthy lifestyle and improving social cohesion in local communities.
Their objective is simple and measurable... To empower as many members of the community to get involved in parkrun, either by volunteering or running but ideally both.
Their values reflect their mission and objectives:
• More people to be active, to walk, jog and run and to love running.
• More people to join clubs and to become part of the formal club structure.
• More people to enter other running events if that is the path they chose.
• Community running events organised by local volunteers.
• No barriers preventing someone from taking part in a parkrun.
The Park Run takes places every Saturday morning at 8am, and starts at Briars. It's free to run, but you need to register to get a barcode - this keeps track of your time.
It's also run by volunteers, so if you would like to help out, send them an email.
Every Saturday morning at 8am.
Briars Country Lodge and Historic Inn, 653 Moss Vale Road,
Burradoo, New South Wales
2576 , Australia